By – Okeke Nkirika
pimple is a small inflammation of the skin due to oil blocked skin, dead skin or bacteria . It is formed when the sabacious gland becomes filled with pus. It is seen mostly on face but also occur on the neck, chest and back. It occurs in both men and women but common in women.
Individuals that shed skin cells regularly are prone to having pimples more because the skin being shed becomes dead and causes inflammation on the skin.
Pimples is generally known as a sign for maturity. Yes, adolescents develop pimples as a result of homonal changes due to puberty. It is now clear that pimple is formed on the skin surface as a result of a change or reaction in the body system.
Most people hate pimple. It can not be clearly avoided because reaction must surely occur as long as one is alive but can be prevented or put to check. These measures below can help prevent pimples
1. Avoid touching your face often or popping pimples : bacteria can be accumulated by rubbing hands over the face and also popping pimples causes the pus to spread hence bacteria.
2. Know your skin: mind the product you apply on your skin. Either cream or cosmetics, you need to know what is good for your skin texture to avoid peeling of the skin which can give rise to dead skin. Most products can burn one’s skin making you prone to bacteria. Therefore much care must be taken. Also avoid heavy makeups and excess cream on skin.
3. Drink plenty of water: water helps to keep the body on check. Flushing down unwanted materials to the kidney instead of erupting through the skin.
4. Use antibiotic
5. Avoid junks : eat healthy and well balanced food to keep the body system functioning.
6. Avoid exposure to sun
7. Wash your face twice a day.
8. Avoid stress as it can put your body under pressure.
Some complications of pimple are
1. It leaves spots on face. Most spots can look scary.
2. It can reduce the self confidence of an individual.
Pimple can be treated in so many way but to mention a few
1. Use of creams and soaps that can cure pimples. Adequate application.
2. Using of steam: steam has the ability of opening pores. A full bowl of hot water at high temperature, positionyour face until it comes in contact with the rising steam not the water. Wait for 30minutes and apply moisturizer over the whole face.
NB: use fragrance free, non comedogenic moisturizer.
One secret behind treatment for pimples is consistency and patience.