By – Joyce Paulsen
…Amazing Discoveries That Would Make You Laugh
Hey, its 2 months gone already; 59 days, 1,416 hours, 84,960 minutes and 5,097,600 seconds gone and I am asking, nwanne, how far? It’s been in my heart all day to conduct a personal assessment to evaluate how I have been faring and to re-strategize for the coming months. My dear, smart people are planners and they position themselves for change. So be wise!
Today, I will be letting you in on new facts that are exciting, educating, entertaining and informative. We live in a world of speed where change is fast occurring and new things come up almost every other day. Our findings will cut across different spheres of life.
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
- Babies smile an average of 200 times a day. The average woman smiles 62 times a day and the average man only 8
- When a pregnant woman exercises, she makes her baby’s heart healthier
- The most stressed out people are 18-33 years old
- Our brains have a negativity bias and will remember bad memories than good ones
- Men actually feel more emotional pain than women after break up
- 95% of people used to believe that the moon was following their car when they were kids
- Only female mosquitoes bite humans and animals, males are vegetarian
- When someone tickles you, the laughter is a panic response. That’s why you can’t tickle yourself as your body never senses any real danger
- Snails breathe through their feet
- 95% of the time, ‘I don’t know’ is an excuse given by someone who is avoiding the truth
- Women end up digesting more of the lipstick they apply
- On August 29, 2102, a hen actually gave birth to a chick instead of laying an egg, in Sri Lanka
- Men have nipples because everyone is a female until the Y chromosome kicks in. you were all girl embryos
- BMW had to recall their GPS system because male German drivers refused to take directions from a female voice
- Coca-Cola says only two people alive know the Coca-Cola ‘recipe’ and they aren’t allowed to travel on the same plane in case it crashes
- Opening your mouth can actually help you focus better which is why women open their mouths while applying mascara
- A large number of baboons is called a congress. That explains a lot now, doesn’t it?
- Humans can hear the difference between hot and cold water being poured
- Shark’s teeth are coated with fluoride, which acts like toothpaste and keeps the shark’s mouth healthy and clean
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body squirt blood 30 feet!
- A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death (Creepy).
- Banging your head against the wall uses 150 calories an hour.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Right handed people live, on average, 9 years longer than left-handed ones.
- Starfish have no brains.
- Polar bears are left handed.
- The average person spends three years out of their life sitting on the toilet
- In space, astronauts are unable to shed tears when they cry because there is no gravity to pull the tears out
Great facts, right? Information is key. I am an advocate that knowledge should cut across different areas. It often said that a great leader must know something about everything and everything about something. So, as much as you want to specialize, endeavor to have general knowledge.
I hope you have been entertained and informed.
I desire to see you advance in the month of MARCH!